Job TypeFull-Time, Hourly W2
Salary$70,000 to $80,000 Annually
CategoryDevelopment & Engineering
Reports ToSr. Web Developer
ApplyApply for Position
The Powerful team partners with 200 consumer-owned utility organizations around the United States and internationally to provide humanized web and digital experiences. Powerful is a full-service web and digital agency with a twist. We use our expertise of web technologies in combination with an effort to humanize the digital experience to create websites and mobile applications that are highly usable, insightful, and remarkably effective.
We have the radical idea of putting people first. As your trusted digital experts, we are committed to providing exceptional service, supporting local communities, and promoting social good through sustainable and accessible to all websites. From initial concept design to launch, our experienced team offers a refreshingly different approach that is customized to best fit the needs of our clients. In an industry that is notorious for egos the size of icebergs, we at Powerful are down to earth. We love our work and enjoy helping our clients become successful.
Our team is looking to grow and enter into mobile application development to serve our consumer-owned utility partners.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the technical design and implementation of mobile application development. They will work in all phases of the development cycle: concept to implementation.
- Perform full life-cycle development
- Adhere to agreed upon delivery schedules
- Utilizes source control, continuous integration, and unit testing best practices
- Work cross-functionally to define and write code for new features
Remote First Team
We are a fully remote company, offering our employees unrivaled flexibility. You’ll collaborate with team members from all over the country and sometimes even internationally while working from home, abroad, or your favorite coffee shop! With a focus on work-life balance, professional development and personal well-being, we bring a holistic approach to work that benefits our employees and the community alike. At Powerful, we want you to have all the tools you need to succeed in a rewarding industry that is engaging, challenging, and fun.
Military Veteran Preference in Employment
Powerful is proud to provide preference in employment to:
- Veterans, including veterans with disabilities;
- Veterans’ surviving spouses who have not remarried; and
- Orphans of veterans who were killed on active duty
Individuals who qualify for veteran’s employment preference are entitled to a preference in employment with or appointment to Powerful over other applicants for the same positions who do not have greater qualifications.
Job Related Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- 2+ years’ experience in related area
- Preferred experience working with electric cooperatives or community-owned utility organizations
- Experience with development of iOS and Android platforms
- Employee is required to have a high-speed internet connection that is capable of handling downloads and uploads with frequent video conferencing, $75 monthly reimbursement provided by employer
- Employee is required to have either iPhone or Android smartphone with data plan that is capable of making and receiving business phone calls, $75 monthly reimbursement provided by employer
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plan with 90% Premium Paid by Employer for Employee; 25% Paid for Defendants
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Contribution
- Based on 40-hour workweek, employee receives paid time off:
- 80 hours vacation
- 80 hours sick / mental health
- 40 hours floating holidays
- Full-time employees employed for more than 18 months receive 16 weeks paid paternity leave
- Full-time employees that complete 5 years of full-time employment receive 16 weeks paid sabbatical