Trusted Web Experts
Under the direction of Hoosier Energy, Why Electrify provides leading edge information on emerging technologies. The new website serves as an educational platform for electric vehicle technology, rural energy audit programs, emergent tech, smart energy programs, and more.
The website was desired to be interactive, fun, and welcoming. To achieve this look and feel, the visuals needed to be eye-catching and exciting, ultimately prioritizing the target consumer audience. The website’s objective sought to drive consumer behavior and influence them through valuable education and information.
This website needed to be done from scratch. With no existing site to repurpose, Powerful and Hoosier Energy team members put thought and intention into the process. The design and content strategy required thorough collaboration. Powerful and Hoosier Energy critically assessed the website architecture, layout design, web app priorities, and more.
Through discovery and strategy consults, all stakeholders offered valuable information from multiple sources. Along with Powerful’s expert knowledge of user experience and best practices, the collaborative process created a strong end product.
The website delivers a mix of efficiency resources for residential, agriculture and commercial co-op members and the co-op community at large. The website helps members:
- Understand Hoosier Energy energy generation and renewable energy goals.
- Balance electric vehicle charging options and benefits with parking constraints and commute drawbacks through a content integration with Choose EV.
- See how cooperatives make a difference.
- Learn about Beneficial Electrification.
- Schedule farm energy audits and dig into national agriculture efficiency research.
- Explore environmental stewardship with links to Energy Kids, Science Buddies, Science Fair Projects and more.
Design features include:
- A video background on the homepage cycles through a set of 10 clips on energy generation and technology.
- Data visualization and micro animations break walls of words about Hoosier Energy generation overview and co-op facts to deliver more engaging content.
- The Resource Directory App showcases Hoosier Energy’s membership, driving engaged members to local rebates and utility experts.
ChallengesAs a brand-new website with no existing content to pull from, the project took collaboration and critical thinking to strategize the design, site architecture, and web apps needed. Without knowing the full extent of content from the beginning, the turnaround times took longer than usual.
SolutionsThe collaborative work fostered a process filled with positive feedback and valuable information. As a result, the website achieves an interactive, fun, and welcoming interface. In addition, the branding includes subtle nods to its parent brand, Hoosier Energy.
ResultsWhy Electrify's progressive website serves as an educational platform. The visuals and content are both exciting and interesting. As a result, members gain valuable information on innovative technologies.
We are excited to launch such a dynamic, member-focused website. The Why Electrify website and its educational resources add to our member cooperatives’ reputation as trusted energy partners in their communities.
The website provides an opportunity for member-consumers to learn, interact and grow with their local electric cooperative as we move into the next frontier of energy.
Thank you to everyone on your team who has helped to create this great new website! You will come highly recommended for anyone who asks for my reference!
The Hoosier Energy team honed in on a clear vision for the Why Electrify website with the intention of telling the story of rural electrification while simultaneously creating an online resource for the consumer-members of the distribution cooperatives they serve.
The sleek and progressive design with anchor scrolling, a forward-thinking video on the homepage and a custom illustration within the footer provided a unique yet recognizably powerful design that has gained attention from not only their intended audience but has also acted as a model of a site for their peers across the country.